I'm writing a new thing about RPG players. Specifically...
- What kinds of players and PCs are hard for GMs to deal with?
- What sort of things players and PCs do that irritates/annoys GMs?
- What sort of things players and PCs do that make the GM's job easier and the game better?
- As a player, can you think of a time that you played your character badly, ineffectively, or you just weren't getting enough out of the experience?
- Is there any kind of game aid or advice that would help players play their characters better, more effectively, or would lead to more fun?
- Can you think of issues that keep the players and GM from being on the same page?
- Is being an OSR player better, worse, or different than being another kind of player (story-game, contemporary, etc.)?
- Do you know any player tips, tricks, or techniques for getting the GM to do what you want?
- Aside from Paranoia, does anyone get anything out of player versus player?
- As a player, is there anything you'd like to get off your chest?
- Playing in convention games versus regular home games versus one-shots?
Anything that could help players out, I'd like to include. If you want to relate an entire story, that would be awesome. Hooray for crowd-sourcing!
p.s. I'll give credit in the article to those who helped improved it.