Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Purple Islands animated series


For a really long time I've wondered what it would be like to see The Islands of Purple-Haunted Putrescence turned into a half-hour animated series with old school animation like Thundarr the Barbarian and Dungeons & Dragons but mature content like Heavy Metal, Fire and Ice, and Starchaser: the Legend of Orin.  Mind you, I'm not super picky.  If the project became a feature-length movie or live action instead of a cartoon, that would be fine.  I'm also prepared for making it more kid-friendly if that's the only way this project will fly.

That's my goal for 2015.  To turn my RPG book into a TV show.  Currently, I'm working on a 22 minute script for the pilot episode, getting a cast of recurring characters lined up, and trying to visualize the larger story I'd like to tell - one that will last me 10 seasons or more.  There's a long road ahead of me and I'm not exactly sure how to get there, but I'll figure something out.

In the meantime... my wife asked me if this idea was something people would actually be interested in watching (such as the people who read my blog).  I said, "Yeah, I think so."  And she responded, "Well, why don't you ask them?"

So, I'm asking.  Would anyone enjoy watching a slightly gonzo, probably R rated, Lovecraft-tinged, sword & sorcery, scifi series about adventurers trying to survive and conquer the purple islands?  If you need a refresher, flip through the source material on your bookshelf or computer.

Have a happy new year, everyone!

VS


No comments:

Post a Comment