Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bell Bottoms, Black Sabbath, and Beltane


There were two cancellations in this Saturday's game: Temple of Elemental Evil with Fantastic Heroes & Witchery.  So, I decided to do something a bit crazy with my lemons.  Behold, my electric lemon-flavored Kool-Aid...

I scheduled a local meetup RPG called Bell Bottoms, Black Sabbath, and Beltane.  It's an RPG (with adventure) that I will make up between now and Saturday at 1pm.  All I know is that players will be exploring the dark side of unexplained phenomena in the 1970's.  So, it'll slightly resemble Call of Cthulhu, except with lava lamps, waterbeds, "purple haze" acid, feathered hair, flared jeans, and glow-in-the-dark pet rocks.

Even though I was born in 1974 and love the TV shows influencing this concept (see below), I don't know a ton about that decade.  I mean, I'm not a 70's-ologist or anything.  So, internet searches and re-watching the following will help:

The Tomorrow People, Night Gallery, Kolchak: the Night Stalker, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker era Doctor Who, In Search of..., Land of the Lost, Children of the Stones, The Omega Factor, etc.

I have no clue if this will be a one-off or turn into something more. Ideas are already brewing but I wouldn't mind suggestions, especially if you have intimate knowledge of that decade.  System-wise, I'm just going to use a stripped down version of VSd6.  Not sure about awarding something special for incorporating the 70's but maybe.

Have a nice day!

VS

p.s.  First playtest session here.


No comments:

Post a Comment